Did you know...?

  • People who employ PAs (with the exception of those who receive personal health budgets) can apply for money for training for them and their personal assistant. The money is called individual employer funding and your employer can apply for this using the application form on the Skills for Care website: www.skillsforcare.org.uk/individualemployerfunding


  • Depending on how much you earn your employer may soon be required to enrol you in a workplace pension through a  scheme known as ‘auto-enrolment’. There is basic information for those who employ a personal assistant or carer in the FAQ section on The Pensions Regulator’s website www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk/automatic-enrolment-enquiries.aspx - scroll down to the FAQ entitled ‘Automatic enrolment for people who employ carers’


Do you like this post?
UNISON, the union for Personal Assistants