Funding for Personal Assistant and Individual Employer learning and development

People who employ personal assistants (Individual Employers) can apply for a grant directly from Skills for Care to support the full cost of learning and development for both themselves and their personal assistants.

The Workforce Development Fund (WDF) for individual employers is money from the Department of Health that can be accessed via Skills for Care. Its aim is to support the ongoing development of people working within the adult social care sector.

Who can apply?

Anyone in England who is 18 years or over who employs and pays for a personal assistant can apply for a grant.

When can I apply for the funding?

The funding is available from 1 April 2013 and up to 30 September 2013. If your application is successful you will receive the funding directly into your bank account. This means you will be able to pay for your training before you start.

Do you like this post?

Showing 2 reactions

commented 2013-12-23 19:54:17 +0000 · Flag
Thank you
published this page in News 2013-05-07 13:19:55 +0100
UNISON, the union for Personal Assistants